Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Friday- Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

I am so excited to be going to my little bear's school this morning to participate in Read Across America in honor of Dr. Seuss.  Today was his birthday. When I was a teacher, I would spend the better part of March using his books as teaching inspiration.  Needless to say, his books are also amazing sources of party inspiration.  From One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish, to The Cat in the Hat to Horton Hears A Who- there's a party on all of his pages.  The clear, bright, color schemes and bold graphic make party styling easy.  I made these Dr. Seuss inspired treats to take to the event.  Silly but true, I've never been able to look at the Truffula Tree from The Lorax without imagining it as a cupcake topper- cute striped paper straw with a puff of cotton candy on the top. These Push Up Pop couldn't be easier- white cake dyed red layered between frosting.  Fun, yummy, and hopefully, will encourage children to read more.


For more Dr. Seuss party inspiration here and here
Can't wait to share these magical books and incredible author with my little one!  Have a great weekend.  Remember to link up any party inspiration you have on our Link Party.
XO

1 comment: